Friday, May 9, 2008

WYSIWYG HTML Editors – My Life Savers

I own a couple of websites. I simply love them and yes, for the obvious reason that I make money from them. But it’s a headache for me to edit or update them for several business needs. I am a total dumb when it comes to web designing skills like HTML coding and manipulating them. WYSIWYG editors are my life savers in those situations.

If you don’t yet know what WYSIWYG stands for (Please don’t bang your head on computer screen to punish yourself!!), it is the abbreviation of What You See Is What You Get. Used in the computing world, the term actually describes a system through which you will be able to see the final outcome during the editing phase. With these sophisticated tools you do not need to edit the source codes. Instead just edit the actual page elements directly and you can see the end result in the display pane. These are like a boon for non-technical persons like me and save me from spending money on web designers to get small changes done on my websites.

There are so many such WYSIWYG editing tools – and all of them are one-of-its-kind. So therefore hailing one as the best will be injustice to others. Here is a collection of individual reviews of 25 such WYSIWYG editors, though it’s a bit disappointing that this list doesn’t include my favourite WYSIWYG HTML editor as it doesn't cover online editors. This list can be a real help for people who want to know more about and try out WYSIWYG editors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am I missing something here?
I have read here about WYSIWYG. I thought these types of website editors were for Non-Tech users. People with zero experience with website creation or editing, etc..
I cant find a single program that will be compatable with all browsers and I cant find one that will allow editing to an exsisting website or one that is really easy to use. Remember...zero experience..or knowledge..
The one that claims to be so easy to use, starts off with a page full of different folders and the non tech person is to figure out which folder has the part they want to edit. Does this seem easy to you? Not to me!
Once again more tech talk.

Does anyone know of any software program that will really allow a non tech person edit thier website?

Internet Strategist said...

You can try out EasySiteEdit at www.easysiteedit.com. It's an online tool for website editing and trust me, it's a good choice for non-tech people.

If you try it, don't forget to post your feedback here.